Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Traveling Tummy: La Tegola, Cebu

We were originally going to go eat at Cafe Laguna when we were at Ayala Center on our last morning in Cebu, but nobody felt like Filipino cuisine, so we went a few doors down to La Tegola, an Italian restaurant that was recommended to me by a few people.

These were the free appetizers--what seemed like a cross between wanton and bruschetta. It was good and filled my tummy just enough to tide me over before my food came. I was so hung over from the wedding we attended and I skipped breakfast at the hotel so I was famished!

Abdul's Caprese Salad, which is essentially tomato slices, mozzerela, basil and olive oil. You could totally make this at home. They work really well with large tomatoes because they are sweeter!

My friend Angelo got the Pomodoro soup and a sandwich. I personally enjoy tomato soup with a touch of cream in it.

My tortellini filled with mushrooms and a garlic cream sauce with prosciutto (I think). Liked the sauce although I wish it was a tad thicker. I also wished I got a cheese filled tortellini instead. Either way, I ate the entire plate, whether it was out of sheer hunger or because I really liked it, I can't be too sure.

Abdul really enjoyed his Vongole pasta--his favorite. After his Caprese salad, he still managed to eat this entire serving.

I wanted to try the gnocchi, but that's always hit or miss. Has anyone tried it?

La Tegola is located at 1/F Ayala Center Cebu Terraces, Banilad. Call 6332. 232 0344 for a table.

1 comment:

  1. You GOTTA try "IPAR'S" authentic Spanish resto the next time you're in Cebu, I kid you not, it has the best tapas IN THE WORLD! Yes, in the world...

    ReplyDelete