Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Traveling Tummy: Bicol's Bigg Thing

When we found out Zest Air had screwed up our flight and we were going to be delayed for hours, we decided to go out for lunch instead of sit and mope at the airport. I didn't really want fast food so Mcdonald's and Jollibee were out of the question. As we drove past this row of restos, my workmates and I saw one called "Bigg's Diner" I was like "Wait, I saw an ad for this at the airport, let's just eat here." My friend Tanya confirmed that Bigg's is a chain that is all over Bicol so we decided to stop and try it out.

Miss T had this appetizer platter BEFORE her burger. I swear, this girl eats like a man! Not just any man, a karpintero! This platter was composed of cheese sticks, chicken and fries served with some sort of ranch dip.

I ordered the fried chicken and carbonara combo. I have this thing for fried chicken. I mean, seriously, who doesn't! My favorites are the pan chicken from pancake house and Mini Stop fried chicken. The photos looked good and it was mad cheap at P120 for the meal. The carbonara was forgettable, and the chicken was nice and crunchy but was no contender in terms of taste. It was a bit bland.

My cousin Gisa and I both ordered thisand we really liked it. I kind of wish I got two orders instead of the pasta-chicken thing I got. So goood. I love mashed potatoes and these were mixed with bacon and cheese and then baked in potato skins!

Gisa and JM both got these burgers. According to them, they were good. The price was definitely right though at only a little over a hundred pesos for this huge thing!

Tanya got the double patty burger, also super big. She liked it as well, I am assuming because she ate the whole thing.

At the end of the day, it's a restaurant chain, so I didn't expect much. I was pleasantly surprised though that for the cheap prices, the food was decent and the diner itself was well maintained. It wouldn't be my first choice if there were other, better food options, but it sure beat having to go to the golden arches for sustenance.

Bigg's Diner is located all over Bicol!
Zest Air sucks.

2 comments:

  1. that's so yummy. wish I can try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg all these foods make me so hungryyyy.


    follor my blog...
    http://begreenandlookgood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete