Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Oldie but Goodie: Cibo

Cibo is nothing new, but it is on of my default places to eat. Starving and don't know where to go? I end up at Cibo. Craving Italian at a reasonable price that's not fast food? I go to Cibo.

Had dinner with my dad in Alabang the other night when he had this Photography workshop in Alabang.

Yummy looking fresh tomatoes. Trivia: I actually don't like fresh tomatoes, which is why I always take them out of my burgers. I love them stewed though :)

My dad ordered the garlic rosemary beef. Yum Yum.

with mushroom rice. Found the rice a bit dry though.

Ananda and Abdul's favorite potato chips w/ aioli dip. This, my friends, is the only mayonnaise I will eat.

My favorite pasta since Cibo opened- Penne al Telefono. It's a simple dish with a burst of flavors. I love this so much, I actually do a decent replication of it at home!

All restaurants should have something for kids to do! Thank God for pencils, crayons and paper ;p

Sorry for the not-so-awesome pictures. I hate using flash for my food photos. I wish all restaurants had good photography-friendly lighting!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erica,

    I'm a fan of this blog. ;) Maybe you can share your recipe for the Penne al Telefono one of these days.

    Thanks!

    All the best,

    Dea

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you...cibo is my default restaurant too! i love how consistent the food and service has been since they started almost a decade (or has it been more than na) ago. I love their farfalle alla genovese and potato chips!!

    ReplyDelete