Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kitschen Quickie: Fish and Love

Growing up, I thought tinapa was a kind of fish. This ignorance was rooted in my distaste for any food that was stinky and looked funny. 20 years ago, there was no way I could have even thought of starting a food blog because I didn't like ANYTHING.

Now I love smoked fish (Yes I know now that tinapa is not a fish but refers to any kind of smoked fish) and my first meal in Bicol last Saturday was Tinapang Galunggong, fried egg and rice. My tummy was happy and I was carbo-loaded enough to last a few hours chasing whale sharks ;p

2 comments:

  1. How do you make galunggong look so pretty?!? I tried taking pictures of tuyo when I was in Manila last time but it's so tough to make it look photogenic! Grrrr... You are awesome at food styling! (aside from fashion/makeup styling of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe it's not me, it's my awesome camera ;p

    ReplyDelete