Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Traveling Tummy: London Calling Part 2-- Still in Suffolk

Our second and last night in Suffolk, we ate at Milsoms Kesgrave Hall, a family home in the 1800s that has been converted into a hotel. It's really nice and very modern, but has a homey feel to it. Musta been a huge house back in the day!

We ate in the "mess hall" which I guess is their main dining room for fancy sit-down dinners. The whole thing was set up and looked lovely. We fancy huh? lol.

At first I thought this was some sort of cheese spread, but no... it was even better. It was hummus with a caramelized onion jam. It was sooo good that when the pita ran out, I started eating it with regular dinner rolls and butter.

My little menu tag so the servers would know what I ordered. We were a big group of about 20 people.

My starter- Scallops with onion puree, mushrooms and bacon. This was big enough to share (but I ate the whole thing anyway!) The onion, scallop and bacon flavors were simply divine when all mixed together. It was pure happiness.

Ordered a steak, medium rare, because I can never resist a good slab of beef. Unfortunately, The server switched my order with the girl next to me and I got a medium steak and she got my medium rare. I had already eaten two bites prior so we couldn't really switch. Howell. It was still good though but not bloody enough for me.

I had this tart for dessert that had the consistency of a cross between brulee and flan. It was a bit tart and I only ate the top because at this point I was already so sick with the flu and I was really feeling it.

Yes, the flu. Ugh. Thankfully, it only lasted 2 days. I'm up and running again now, albeit with the sniffles.

Next up, London entries! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment