Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Monday, July 18, 2011

London Calling Part 5: Busaba Eathai

Due to persistent demand by friends both in Manila and London, I ate at Busaba Eathai. It has a few branches through out London now but I ate at the original one right by Selfridges with Missy and Faisal. I found out it's by Alan Yau, the same guy that created Wagamama and since I like that place and I like Thai, I was quite excited to try it.

Ordered Coconut rice so I thought the heat of chili prawns will go well with the sweetness of the rice. I was right! It wasn't too hot though, which is of utmost importance. I can't have food that is too spicy. My palate just can't take it.

My friend Rachel made me swear to order her favorite calamari with green peppercorns and I'm glad I did. So good! It was tossed in this light, sweet sauce. Yum!

We also got Duck Curry, which I didn't bother taking a photo of because it wasn't very photogenic haha! It was really tasty though. We also got some veggies that had a smoky flavor that complimented everything else we ate.

I was famished and totally beat that day after having walked 6 hours straight, everywhere from Carnaby street to Marble Arch, to Knightsbridge and so many other places. I totally wanted to die. My meal made it all better!

Check out www.busaba.com for locations and restaurant hours

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky so great Erica. How do you ever keep yourself fit with all this food! My face is ballooning by the day when I travel haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha im not fit!!!!! but i didnt gain weight in London coz I was walking so much!

    ReplyDelete