Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

London Calling Part 4: Where is the Camden I used to know?

So, Camden used to be one of my favorite places to hang out when I was studying in London 6 years ago. The minute you stepped out of the tube station, you always felt like you were in a different world- one filled with goths and hippies and crazy people with signs saying the world was gonna end. Fast forward to 2011, I was severely saddened by what I saw when I went. Tourists...tourists...and more tourists! The vibe just wasn't there anymore.

I walked down high street anyway, down to Camden Lock, which used to be filled with Vintage Shops and handmade things. There still are, but I think there are more souvenir shops now.




Banksy stuff all over tshirts, hoodies and prints. womp womp. I say keep them on the streets!

Cheap ass, disgusting, oily Chinese food. I just had to. I ate this whenever I was here as a student because it was only 4 quid. Still tasted the same-- nasty! hahaha!

Welcome to Camden!

Still worth a visit if you're a first timer in London, but I think I'll stick to East London from now on ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment