Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

London Calling Part 10: Goodbye Dinner

On my last night in London, I decided to cook a thank you dinner for my gracious hosts, Missy and Faisal, using stuff I bought from Borough Market! I love cooking in other countries because the ingredients are so fresh and there is such a wide selection! I wish I had more time in London to tinker around in the kitchen. Perhaps a trip to Sydney to visit family is in order later this year. I like our kitchen there ;p

Goat's cheese, grapes, honey and foie gras and truffle parfait. Yes. FOIE GRAS AND TRUFFLE PARFAIT. Do I need to say it again? I bought it from that stall that sells truffle everything. It was a bit pricey at 8 quid for 100g but foie gras and truffle never needs to be justified.

Abdul's favorite- my shitake mushroom salad. I think the couple enjoyed it too!

Butternut Squash tortellini with sage butter, fresh pepper and toasted almonds. I was so full from the market, I actually only ate very little for dinner. See how I tried to plate it nicely? haha!

Lastly, peach flambe! With fresh peaches and organic vanilla ice cream. Perfect ending!

See you again next year! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment