Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Resturant Rave: LU

I had been wanting to try LU out since it opened and finally got a chance to when I met my ex-workmates for brunch today for a little bit of catching up and Saturday pigging out.

Now I’m supposed to be on a healthy food trip, but I knew this weekend would ruin my plans. I had this brunch and a kids party today AND a wedding of one of my college buddies tomorrow. What diet? I will resume again on Monday.

So, after a few days of wheat, cottage cheese, salads and baked fish, I had a nice lamb stew at LU. It was Moroccan Style Lamb Stew with apricots and prunes and served with harissa couscous. My tummy and taste buds were definitely very happy today.


Moroccan Lamb Stew with Apricots and Prunes w/ harissa couscous

Also try:

5 cheese Truffled mac n’ cheese. OHMYGOD. I had a bite of this. Deadly. Worth it though.


FRIED Hainanese Chicken. I had a bite of this too. Crazy good!!!

but the piece de resisitance I must say is the dessert—- do NOT miss:

Peanut butter and jelly tart. Friends, this is 5000 calories. Dead serious. Get it to share. Unless you are trying to gain weight in a major way. This tart was split between 5 people. Damn, that’s still 1000 calories!

Lu is good for dining with friends, so you can order a lot of different things and taste and share! I would come back here :)

For table reservations, call (02) 403-3991. Lu is located at G/F Joya Bldg., Joya Drive, Rockwell, Makati City, Metro Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment