Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Traveling Tummy-LA: Sweet Lady Jane

So, I've been in an out of Manila since the year started and it still isn't enough. If I could spend my life hoping from place to place, I totally would. I'm starting to realize that food and travel are my major vices. Forget drugs, the high you get from visiting a new place, or trying a new flavor you've never had before is SO MUCH BETTER.

So, I spent a week in LA and seriously, aside from my 15 minutes of work interviewing someone, ALL I DID WAS EAT. As someone who has never been a big fan of the city of angels, I certainly changed my mind about the place a little bit. I still would never live there, but I think future visits are now in order!
First up on my food-venture, I went to Sweet Lady Jane, a bakery along Melrose in West Hollywood (with another branch in Sta. Monica) with decadent cakes, pies and pastries. We were told that this place was frequented by celebrities so, of course, we wanted to see what kind of sugary treats passed through their lips. haha! Hey, we were in Hollywood!

My friend's Triple Berry Shortcake! Yumm-o!

This Cherry Pie was so BIG I ate a quarter of it and gave up. The guy behind the counter was like "What do you mean the servings are too big?" to which I quickly replied "We're Asian, our stomach's can't take this much food!" SOOOOO good though. The sweet-tart balance was spot on.

Red Velvet. Again, another huge slice! Cakes/Pies here are a bit pricey but they are worth it!Share!

On the way home, I stopped by the Trader Joe's 2 minutes from my hotel. If there is ANY store I want them to bring here from the US, it's this.


 
My room at The Chamberlain in West Hollywood (WeHo!) I already miss my comfy bed with my fluffy cloud duvet!












Sweet Lady Jane is located at 8360 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90069
Tel: 323-653-7145

No comments:

Post a Comment