Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Kitschen Chaos: No brainer beef bites

Much as I love to cook and could do it every single night, I would go utterly and completely broke if I attempted to cook by the book daily.

Which is why, the other night, I decided to scour my kitchen for stuff I could use for dinner so I wouldn't have to take yet another trip to the supermarket.

You'd be surprised how much food we have that we don't but SHOULD use. After finding a bunch of ingredients I thought would work well together, I came up with an Italian-inspired menu for dinner of tomato soup with cheesy toast, pesto pasta and a superduper easy starter that anyone can make: No-brainer beef bites

The beef can be replaced with anything actually--- if you have ground chicken, use that... ground pork is ok also--but I had beef, so that's what I used.

I sauteed a little onion and garlic and added the beef til it browned. I added a dash of Italian seasoning and salt and pepper + some tomato paste. Set aside to cool, then placed a small amount on an open wanton wrapper, added some feta cheese (what I had but feel free to use anything) and a basil leaf.

I folded those babies up into triangles and fried in a little oil.

Ta-dah! So , so easy!

Kids will love these beef bites! My daughter, who usually eats very little unless she really, really likes something, ate like 6 with her tomato soup!

Try it and let me know if you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment