Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kitschen Brunch: OPUS

When I think of Opus, I automatically think: night, heels, music, drinking.

When my friend Kim told me that Opus recently opened its doors on Sundays for brunch, it got me curious to try it out! It felt weird through Resorts World during the day since I'm only ever there for birthdays and events that end up with me nursing a hangover the next morning. For people who are heading that way for lunch or breakfast (or haven't actually left from the night before and need to feed their alcohol-filled tummies, here's another option for you!

If you are looking for a new brunch option, try Opus!

Start your day right with the complimentary warm bread and truffle butter. YES, TRUFFLE BUTTER.Butter dotted with bits of black truffle. Heaven in a cake of fat. How many times do I need to describe it? You should just go and have some yourselves. Some may think the taste of truffle is a bit on the strong side, but not this chick.

I had the Croque Madame... a deconstructed version of one of my favorite sandwiches, which is essentially a ham and cheese sammie with an egg on top. This one was cut into triangles, open-faced and with the eggs served on the side. Don't be deceived, it is VERY filling, specially with the chips. I just wish the eggs were cooked better, but otherwise it was yuh-mee!

Eggs Benedict with prosciutto and arugula. I wish I had a bottomless stomach so I could have ordered this too. I took one bite though and it was really good.

The Banana Ricotta Pancakes weren't the best pancakes I've ever tried (You know what place gets my vote for that!) but if you are craving something on the sweet side, or absolutely want a pancake breakfast, this will do the job. It's stuffed with ricotta cheese right smack in the middle of the pancake and topped with caramelized bananas.

Lastly, we also tried the Ultimate Breakfast Burrito. This was definitely hangover food---stuffed with bacon, hash brown, sausage and other things, it will satisfy any hungry man's (or woman's) cravings after a long night out.

I'll definitely be back here, probably with my daughter (she LOVES pancakes!) or maybe with some girlfriends so we can catch up and gossip over some good food and champagne!

It's Sunday today! So, if you are trying to figure out where to go for brunch, they are open 11 am-6pm!

Opus is located at 2/F Newport Mall, Resorts World

1 comment: