Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Divine Desserts: Baked Bites

Much as I love to share, I also like to receive-- specially if it's in the form of yummy treats for my tummy.

I met Bettina Carlos when she was really young (and I was young too! *sniff*) I was working as Beauty Editor for the now defunct Pink Magazine and she was my lovely model for one of my shoots.

Fast forward to almost a decade later and she is now a home baker with a budding new business called Baked Bites. She has only 2 things on her menu at the moment because she would rather have a small selection that tastes awesome than a large one that is so-so.


Her two specialties Fudgee Wudgee (left) a moist, sticky brownie that is just the right amount of sweetness. I hate brownies that are so sickeningly sweet you can only manage a bite. These are pretty dark so you can tell just by looking at it that you can satisfy your sweet tooth without making your teeth shudder from the sugar overload. It's super chocolate-y and really good warmed up in the microwave for about 10 seconds and topped with good quality vanilla ice cream.

The one on the right is called Foodee Woodee a.k.a Food for the Gods. A bit of trivia about me, I hated Food for the Gods when I was a kid. Now I know why. The flavor of this sweet treat is a bit more "grown up"... the dates, the brandy, the walnuts... not exactly what I looked for as a child. Now though, I can't get enough of it. I even ordered Food for the Gods ice cream from Pinkerton last week! I can safely say it's sort of an addiction and this one satisfies it. By looking at it, you can tell it's not dry like some are, and you taste the dates and brandy in every bite. Good job on this one!

Fudgee Wudgee is P200 for a box of 12 and Foodee Woodee is P280 for a box of 16. Prices are reasonable so go try them out!

Call Baked Bites at 09178143711 for inquiries and orders

3 comments:

  1. the food for the gods look so yummy!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing! I totally agree - it's better to have a few or even just one product which is amazing than many that are so so. We have so many home-based businesses in Manila that are known for only 1 product. Like that Brazo from Bel Air (do I recall correctly?), etc.

    Does Baked Bites deliver?

    ReplyDelete