Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kitschen Chaos: Sometimes a girl just needs steak

I don't get to cook as often as I used to and it's a damn shame because I really enjoy it, and my friends and family really enjoy my food too.

I am usually busy doing nothing on weekends to rest from the week before and for the week after, but many times I just can't take it and need to be in the kitchen making something.

Earlier in the week, I wanted steak really bad, but it had to be the steak I make at home. So I marked Saturday on my calendar as Steak day and whipped up a meal for my dad, Abdul and my cousin Patricia.

My first time to make Carrot & Coriander Soup- I tried this somewhere years ago, but invented the recipe on the spot as I walked through the supermarket aisles. Came out pretty good and will definitely make this again. And I usually hate carrots!

I have featured this before, and I make it quite often-- Warm Shitake Salad. It's my go to meal in a bowl when I'm too lazy to cook anything major.

Steak! -made with Aussie beef, of course! Marinated my usual way, pan fried with a little butter until medium rare.

I could live eating mashed potatoes alone, but my new favorite kind involves toasted garlic and green onions, sharp cheddar and parmesan cheese.

Aaaah, weekends, you need to happen more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment