Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Kitschen Invasion: Patti's Cookie Dough Truffles

Since I love having people over to eat what I make in my Chaotic Kitschen, I thought it would be an awesome idea to invite some of my friends that are just as into food as I am, to share their favorite recipes with you all, as well as some of their thoughts on food.

First up is fellow any-food-from-nyc lover, and woman after my own sweet-as-cupcakes heart, Patti Grandidge!

Let's start with her recipe first!

Cookie Dough Truffles

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips - i prefer using mini morsels for this recipe
A couple bars of your favorite chocolate for the coating - I use Hershey's milk chocolate for this recipe

-Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, add the vanilla
-Beat in four, add the milk
-Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips


-Now that you have the dough, I recommend to place it in the refrigerator so that it cools and it's easier to handle (if not, it's a bit sticky)
-Once the dough is cooled, 20 minutes or so, shape them into 1" balls and place them on a cookie tray lined with wax paper
-Chill for 2 hours, and then...

-Melt your chocolate bars
-Dunk the dough into the melted chocolate so that it coats the entire ball
-Place back on wax paper and store in the refrigerator for at least an hour



A little bit about Patti...

Tell us more about this dish. How did you come up with it and how did it become your go-to food?
If it was socially accepted and my body could handle it, I would eat dessert for breakfast lunch and dinner. Anything go-to for me usually means desserts, never "real" food. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite, and this recipe is a variation of the traditional chocolate chip cookie. They are no-bake chocolate chip cookie dough truffles! Everyone who loves cookies, loves cookie dough.

What's your favorite type of food? Like if there was one dish in the world that you could eat forever and nothing else what would it be?
This is tough! Sometimes I say I could eat bread and butter for the rest of my life... My key ingredients that I couldn't live without, though, would be chocolate, Nutella, cheese and peanut butter.

Favorite kitchen mishap story.
This is more like an embarrassing kitchen story. In general, I'm known to be neat and tidy. Even in the kitchen I like to clean up after myself and keep everything organized as I go along. One afternoon I was making red velvet cupcakes and instead of switching off my mixer, I turned it up to full speed and red batter literally got EVERYWHERE. My parents walked in and snickered at me cleaning up the red stains all over the kitchen.

Favorite food destination and why? What are your favorite restos there?
New York! One could live in New York forever and it would be impossible to try every single restaurant in the city. The different mix of people and culture really lends itself to such a variety of cuisines in an American city. A few of my favorites are Peter Luger for top of the line steak, SMAC for every kind of mac 'n cheese possible, Levain Bakery for the best cookies in the world and Momofuku for perfect pork buns.

What is it about Filipino food that makes it stand out from other types of food?

Filipino food is always made with love and typically enjoyed over family get togethers or special occasions. That in itself is just special being that the Filipino culture is so warm and friendly. Filipino food has the influence of Asian flavors along with Western touches making it unique from other types of food. I just love that Filipino food is celebratory, flavorful and always plentiful - the eating never ends! That's the best part ;)



Find Patti at http://pattispalette.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment