Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Traveling Tummy: London-Tayyabs

Tayyabs is one of those places you line up for...rain or shine, in heat or cold, because the food is delicious, authentic and cheap. It was the perfect setting for my birthday dinner and last night in London.

It's located in East London, a place most tourists don't venture to, but that's all about to change when the Olympics happen in July. When I was in London in 2005, I lived for months close to this place and never went. What was wrong with me? 

Anyway, come in clothes you plan to wash or don't need to wear the next day-it will reek of food smell, I swear!

Great way to cap off a great trip :)

Chicken Tikka and Lamb Chops- I wanted more than one chop, but there were 4 chops and 4 of us haha. Yes, I do have some shame. Also, this was the same day I ate at Guanabana so I was still a little bit full.

I think this was Karahi Chicken. The food here is a bit spicy so if you are sensitive to this, order a side of yogurt to kill the heat a little bit.

This was some sort of dhal. I've never been a dhal fan so I didn't eat this. oops.

Big chunks of Paneer. Yummy.

Roti, Naan and dipping sauces.

Nice to see you again Missy! See you in November :)

My darling Rodney with Faisal :)
  Writing about Tayyabs at 1 am was not a very good idea...specially now that I'm on a 1200 calorie per day diet.  

Tayyabs is located at 83-89 Fieldgate Street, London E1 1JU Tel nos: 020 7247 9543 / 020 7247 6400/ 020 7247 8521 Closest tube stations are Aldgate East and Whitechapel

No comments:

Post a Comment