Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Traveling Tummy: Christmas Dinner/ Noche Buena

Christmas means family time in Sydney! I'm almost never in Manila during the holidays and I would like to keep it that way. I like the smaller, more intimate celebrations we have over here. We have no helpers so everyone really chips in to make it special.I gave my family 2 menu options for Christmas dinner and they chose the 2nd, Pinoy-inspired option. Here's what I made:

Roast Pork Belly-straight out the oven!

That we turned into this! (sliced, with caramelizes garlic sauce + bagoong-cilantro rice)

Also made rosemary and adobo cream sauce linguine with toasted adobo flakes and crumbled goat cheese

A Christmas present--> The Boozy Chef (For drinkers who love to cook) Awesome!

Skull cups for awesome cupcakes! Marrying my 2 favorite things!

Ananda's new Cabbage Patch doll :)

Chorizo braised in red wine and garlic with turkish bread and prune compote

Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments: