Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

The first time I tried this was in new York in 2009. I was there and through out my trip, I had friends telling me I HAD to have this chicken from KTown (midtown)called Bonchon, that it was so good, that I'd want to eat it everyday. I kept saying yeah ok, but never got around to doing so until my last week in my favorite city. A friend bought some, and I didn't even eat it until 6 hours later, when I was drunk at 3 am, but when I did, it was like I had some sort of epiphany, a life changing experience that I would never forget. I know that's a bit (a lot) dramatic but exactly how I felt at that moment.

I had it a few more times before I left, but never making a trip to the original Ktown branch (I had it in Staten Island of all places)but I had never had it since, not even when it hit Manila AGES ago. I finally made the trip to the new branch in Katipunan to fulfill my Bonchon fantasies (w/c have been haunting me since 2009)

2 pc wing meal with rice (is the rice part only here in the Philippines?) Always choose the wings! They are crispier and easier to eat than the drumsticks.

2 pc drumsticks with rice. Same taste (I only like soy garlic) but more meat, leass crunchy skin in every bite you take.

So, the verdict? We had Bonchon 3 times in a week. I loved it still every time, but I need a break for awhile ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment