Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kitschen Quickie: Tina's Pie Outlet


I LOVE PIES.

No seriously. I know I say I love almost everything I eat but PIES hold a special place in my heart. I love the buttery crust that's so nice and crisp and melts in your mouth.

I tried Tina's Pie Outlet at Anton Diaz' Ultimate Taste Test which I was also part of for my Happy Bacon. I remember looking at the selection and missing meat pies from Australia. I think I tried something with lamb and another with salmon back then. They were so good and I really don't know why I haven't had them since.

Anyway I received a box of Tina's savory tarts a couple weeks back and they are equally as good. Bite sized ( ok you'll probably get 3-4 bites form each tart) portions of beef with homemade jack daniels sauce, salmon with roule cheese, shiitake with swiss gruyere and tuyo with black/green olives and tomatoes.

My faves? The Shitake and Salmon ones. The beef was good too. I don't care much for olives so I liked it least, but if you like your olives, this would be a good one, there's lots in it!

Find them here www.facebook.com/tinaspieoutlet ---> order some now, you won't be sorry :)

1 comment: