Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Traveling Tummy: Andrea and Darwin's Wedding Reception

Wedding Receptions at hotels are generally good, as the follow standard hotel quality and taste. The wedding I went to last Thursday in Baguio though, had more than just "good" food---It was pretty damn excellent.First of all, I liked that it was a proper sit-down dinner and not a buffet. Food usually comes out faster that way, there are no long lines or crowds to deal with. You can actually sit down and chat with your table mates all night without having to break conversation. Second, There was the right amount of food per course to lead up to the star of the night--rib eye steak. More on that later.

If you know Billy King, then you know the food will be yummy! Le Souffle was my favorite place to eat and certain dishes from there I consider comfort food--so when in Baguio, don't forget to swing by Le Chef for dinner!


The menu


Salmon and Crab Roulade in Dill Honey Tomato Salad


Roasted Tiger Prawns and U.S. Scallops with Linguine Pesto w/ Special Salsa


Roasted U.S. Ribeye with Gratinated Potato, Leeks and Spinach

Ok, so this was some serious steak. It wasn't some puny, thin slice--it was a proper steak. This made me very happy.I usually order medium-rare but it was a nice medium, charred around the edges and fatty. Yum!

I didn't include photos of the Cream of Broccoli Soup with roasted almonds (Couldn't get a good shot)

There was also a whole buffet of desserts, but I was so stuffed I could only manage a few chocolate dipped strawberries and strawberry shortcake.




Thank You for having us, Darwin and Andrea Mago! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment