Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Restaurant Return: LU

I revisited Lu over the weekend and was happy that food was still the same quality. I hate it when I go to restaurants and my favorite food changes taste each time I order it.

This isn't going to be a long post since I have already written about Lu in the past. Here's what I had this time:


We got this assorted dips platter. I cannot, for the life of me remember its official name but I ordered this last time and I like how they do their hummus. It's hard to find good hummus in Manila but this one hits the spot flavor and consistency wise. I must say the pita chips were a bit on the hard side (as opposed to having a crunch) but other than that, I had no complaints.


My friend got this Fried Hainanese Chicken last time and I had a bite of it and instantly got jealous. I made it a point to order it this time, even if the lure of their Moroccan Lamb Stew was quite strong. Although fried, the essence of Hainanese Chicken is still very present in this dish. My only complaint is the absence of Kecap Manis, which I always look forward to when eating Hainanese Chicken. Instead they had a soy-vinegar dipping sauce mix (I hate vinegar but it worked)

And for dessert, I brought my new cupcake flavor for my friends to try--- Sgt. Pepper's Strawberry. It's a chocolate strawberry cupcake sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper and topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting. It sounds weird I know, but one bite and you will get it.

If you like Meiji's strawberry chocolate, you will love this!

Check the complete BIRTHDAY CAFE MENU at birthdaycafe.blogspot.com

Sorry for the shameless plus. It's my blog ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment