Kitchen MIshaps and Victories, Restaurant Rants and Raves and a whole lotta wanderlust!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kitschen Chaos: Valentine's Day

Abdul and I never really go out for Valentine's Day. It's always too traffic and the thought of dealing with the millions of cars on the road AND overpriced set menus always turns me off. I usually cook something and we enjoy a nice dinner at home. This year we invited my dad to join us since my mom is all the way in Sydney and Abdul's parents joined us to instead of going out for their usual dinner/ concert in a hotel. His family can't eat pork so I had to make some adjustments (I super take for granted stuff like bacon bits in some of my dishes) Anyway, here's what we ate:

Roasted Pumpkin soup to start. Tip: Always use fresh herbs! Makes a difference.

Salad: Mixed greens with rocket, roasted tomatoes and fried brie with a honey vinaigrette.

Slow cooked lamb adobo with crumbled feta, basil and fried onions on couscous.

Baked Parmesan crusted salmon with roasted garlic mashed potatoes

And my favorite-Dessert: Panna cotta with mango compote. Use real vanilla bean and taste the difference!

2 comments:

  1. i am always so amazed how you can whip up a complete GOURMET meal...and almost single handed at that!!! as your mother, i can't even say you took after me... THIS IS ALL YOU!!! (as influenced by your late lola's love for food and cooking!)... way to go aycs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice menu! love the lamb adobo idea. =)

    if you got time, check out our food blog as well.
    http://kutsaratinedor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete